Sunday, May 22, 2011

     "Remember the road that leads you home"


so many scraped knees & bike rides on this path

Childhood home


My mom reminded me today that 2 days ago marked 15 years since our big move from Poland to the States. 15 years seems like such a long long time but really, it seems like it was just yesterday. My first plane ride, the goodbyes with family, leaving everything behind, and at 9 years old being oblivious to it all.
***


"It's a funny thing about coming home. Nothing changes. Everything looks the same, feels the same, even smells the same. You realize what's changed is you."  
- Benjamin Button

My sis & I
same bed we slept on as kids - 11 years later


Danny & my cousins, he fit right in with the family

Us & the home - 2009







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your sweet words always make my day! :) Thank you.