Tuesday, March 27, 2012

2 weeks of lessons learned

My precious girl is 2 weeks old today!
Guess who has a cute little innie belly button? :o) When I went to change her diaper this morning I found her umbilical stump in her nightgown & this crazy sentimental Mamma is saving it. I'm happy she can now have real baths that she can actually enjoy...she despised the sling & it broke my heart having her scream during bath time.

I've been surprised at how good our little nugget has been. If you added up the total time she cries during the day it probably wouldn't even be 10 minutes, expect of course if its bath time. 

As much as I look forward to her getting older, and how much fun each new stage of her life is going to be, I cant stand the thought of my itsy bitsy girl getting big...I'm trying to soak up every second I can because I know one day I'll turn around and she'll be crawling.

After only two weeks of parenting, I definitely learned a few things...

1. Breast feeding really does get easier - In the first few days of learning this challenging new task...I was ready to throw in the towel...the only thing that kept me in the game was her benefit. The pain is nearly unbearable, Id say its pretty comparable to labor...yep, that bad. Id cry when it would get close to her next feeding, It was as if I had 2 little burning torches in my bra...Frustration doesn't even describe it, I felt like such a failure as a mother to not be able to provide the most important thing for her... two weeks later *poof* no pain at all, and we are both pros at it...I would have never thought.

2. Master doing things with one hand - my little babe isn't very fond of day time naps...she definitely does not get that from me..So making myself breakfast while holding miss curious, who just wants to look around has become a piece of cake after 2 weeks of practice

3. Take everyone's advice with a grain of salt - Its nice to have people who are willing to offer you advice, but what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. A few mammas told me to stay away from pacifiers, I was warned that the baby wont want the boob because a paci causes nipple confusion...well guess what? Id be a very miserable lady if I listened to that advice. Sienna doesn't nap without a pacifier, its my life saver...& she never had any sort of confusion, she takes the bottle, boob and pacifier just fine without any issues.

two week old Sienna....

 loves the ceiling fan, she can stare at it for 10 minutes straight
eats 2oz every 2 to 3 hours
favorite time to pee is during diaper changes
loves to be swaddled
sucks on her fists when shes hungry





3 comments:

  1. Wow! You sure sound like you are having a ball with her! Best wishes for you three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like such a lovely mum :) and enjoying every minute. We have just decided today we are going to try for our first after our holiday in September I'm so excited! But so scared at the same time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I think your web site could possibly be having internet browser compatibility
    problems. When I look at your site in Safari, it looks fine
    however, if opening in Internet Explorer, it’s got some overlapping issues.
    I merely wanted to provide you with a quick
    heads up! Apart from that, great site!

    Review my web blog: gardening

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet words always make my day! :) Thank you.