Monday, April 8, 2013

Just another day well spent

I love writing these days down as they happen.
 Days I'll want to look back on. 
Days I'll want to remember

Turning this blog into a book brings all sorts of happiness to my heart. I will forever have this, Sienna will have this forever and it will truly tell the story of our lives

So lets talk about today.

We woke up to the sound of the sweetest little voice on the monitor yell "daddddyy dadddy" 
 Its like she knew it was the weekend and requesting Daddy would surely mean he would be the one coming to getting her. He brought her into our bed and the three of us hung out, read  Sienna her books and goofed off until she started saying "nom nom" which meant she was ready for breakfast. 

Now I'm usually particular about things like this but since the morning started off so well and I needed to wash the linens anyway...we let her have breakfast in our bed. Daddy made her a smoothie and waffles which she seemed to enjoy way more than she would have in her high chair - it was so worth the mess.

Since we were all getting over a stomach bug (thank god not all at the same time) 
we wanted to venture out and get out of the house for a bit, so we went to an outdoor mall where Sienna got to run around and explore. She must have said "hiii" to every person we passed, she's such a ham.

We got some fro-yo and of course she had to dig in for a taste...to save ourselves from a scene, we let her. She was a fan...of course she was. I think its time to whip out the good old ice cream maker, nothing like homemade and the ability to control the ingredients. 

Gonna make this girl some yummy sugarless, fruitty fro-yo & ice cream come summer time, as you can tell from the pictures below...she really approves :)




It was an "all about the little things" kinda weekend
 my favorite kind for sure.

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Sienna is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a little social butterfly! I love it!

    Her eyes are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! She's just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just the cutest! Love these adorable pics :)

    xoxo Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little things. :)

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving that sun hat!! Absolutely precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like an amazing weekend to have & too enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog (I saw that you follow mine, so I followed the link :), and I'm so glad I did! It's SO pretty! I think I could spend a lot of time here. This post is adorable too :)
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thanks sweet friend! have a great weekend :)

      Delete

Your sweet words always make my day! :) Thank you.