Tuesday, May 14, 2013

14 month old Sienna


My sweet baby,
I told myself I wouldn't write these monthly updates anymore once you turned ONE and I would just do it once in awhile...but so much happens each month that I just can't help it, and any opportunity I have to write you another letter, I will take. 

This month you have been a chatterbox  repeating pretty much everything we tell you to. Today I told you to say animal and you hit me with "amammal" I couldn't stop laughing. Now, I'm not just saying this because you're my baby and naturally I'm bias but you really do say a whole lot more than your peers and even kids older than you. 

You got your first booboo this month and I'm pretty sure I was more upset than you were. You now try to run...at times faster than your little legs can keep up and so you tripped on the doormat scraping your forehead, of course it happened a few days before our family photos. We went to Target & got you a new toy (Daddy's idea)

 

You've started sleeping through the night!! moving your crib out of our room was the best idea for all of us, you sleep better and so do we. We don't do "cry it out" but we also don't run to comfort you at every whimper as you're able to soothe yourself now. I think that was the mistake we were making....we ran to comfort you at every peep and you got used to that. 

Sofia is your buddy, you two melt my heart to the ground. She always tells me all the things she wants to teach you and do with you when you're "a big girl" I hope the two of you continue this bond for years to come without your strong personalities clashing.

You were such an awesome travel companion on our road trip, can you please please please be that good again for our upcoming flights?

your baby and fox go everywhere with you

I don't wanna jinx it but you've also been much better in the car & stroller. No more screaming to get out....lets see if it lasts.

When you want something you say the Polish word for "give" I am so grateful that we are able to teach you a second language and I hope it continues to stick.

You have gotten the stomach flu back to back this month, it was rough. You lost a good amount of weight and you were a dainty little thing to begin with. We are trying to get you to gain it back...but you're the pickiest eater on the planet. You don't like carbs!! I wish I had that problem. 

well I think thats all the updates I can think of at the moment, don't mind how scattered this letter is.


love you!! 
Oh and you've been saying it back!!! its the best!



6 comments:

  1. Oh my word, I love your blog! I love how you started this blog in hopes that she'll read it when she's older-great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :) I'm having it printed into a book for her

      Delete
  2. She is such a cutie! Happy 14 Months Sienna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so happy you are doing the monthly updates again Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 14 months! I wish I didn't like carbs. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet words always make my day! :) Thank you.