Wednesday, December 11, 2013

How I told Danny...


Hubs and I agreed that I wouldn't take a pregnancy test until I missed my period,  just to  avoid unnecessary disappointment from a false negative incase it was too early to tell. 

11/7 As I was cleaning up the kitchen after Sienna's lunch....this feeling came over me,
 I just knew it, I HAD to be. Sienna was still sitting in her high chair watching a video so it gave me the perfect opportunity to run to the bathroom quickly and take a test. 

Though it was SUPER early...those lines turned pink before I was even done peeing! ahhh I couldn't stop smiling! first person I told was my little BFF of course :) I said "Sienna! you're gonna be a big sister" she looked at me confused...."seshter?" 

I was so tempted to tell Danny right away, I was too excited to contain myself... but I didn't wanna tell him via text. I had to think of a better way. I had 3 hours before he was home from work.

Ever since we went apple picking, he would ask daily if Id make a pie. Since we were 'trying' that month I figured I could incorporate the pie into some cute announcement idea since he wanted it so badly...seriously, he would nag daily.

So I wrote a note that I put on the garage door to the house, it would be the first thing he'd see when he got out of the car and right before he got in the house

it read: "Since you've been such a great husband, there is a surprise for you in the oven"

Naturally, he walked over to the oven but to his disappointment...there was no pie, just another note that read:

"No, not this oven :)" 

So he ran upstairs.....I stood at the top of the staircase with the pregnancy test.....I made him a little "baby" pie anyway....with a little leaf and a #2 on it. Those notes are now the start of this babys keepsake box.



if this video doesnt work....try the link below

Here is a video

after that, he ate his pie & we talked about all things baby as big sis to be took her infamous 3 hour nap :)

15 comments:

  1. That is the sweetest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaaaat how friggin cute is that!!!! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE this! So sweet! Love the way you can see how genuinely excited he is! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh that is so precious. I may or may not have cried a little haha congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO sweet! Both times I found out I was pregnant, I was with Phillip and we were both waiting to see what the stick said. I love the memories we created each time but next time (I know I'm NUTS) , I'm hoping to do something a little different.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you told him! That alone is too darn cute.. & look how happy he is awe! You two are wonderful parents & Sienna will be wonderful big sister.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, congratulations! What a very cute way to share the great news. Your hubby sounded so incredibly happy! We're inseminating for the first time this month, so fingers crossed that some of your good luck rubs off on me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to watch your pregnancy unfold over the next several months! What an amazing and blessed time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is so cute!!! Congrats girl!

    ReplyDelete

Your sweet words always make my day! :) Thank you.