Monday, May 5, 2014

Chocolate Pots De Crème

I've been experimenting with a lot of 'healthier' dessert options lately, trying to avoid sugar as much as possible and with treats like this I don't miss it for a second. This has been one of my favorites so far, you don't really taste the nuts....so don't let that scare you away if you're not a fan. Its healthy and delicious - I promise!

Chocolate Pots De Creme (Vegan & Paleo)
Serves 4
Ingredients:
1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked 2 hours
1/2 cup almond milk (I used regular milk and it was fine too)
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
Directions:
Drain and rinse the cashews well, discarding the soak water. Combine the soaked cashews, almond milk, melted coconut oil, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt in a high-speed blender ( I used my magic bullet), blend until completely smooth and creamy. Pour the mixture into 4 ramekins, and place in the fridge to chill until set, about 4 to 6 hours.
Serve chilled, with shaved chocolate on the top, if desired.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this - I am a huge dessert fan but also always trying to look for healthier options. I recently spent a week at a health hydro and they had a very similar chocolate pot recipe. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like it when you do! I'm hooked!

      Delete

Your sweet words always make my day! :) Thank you.